Session templates are a way to store the setup of a session for future use. They do not store any audio data but can store:
- The number of tracks and busses, along with their names
- The plugins present on each track or bus (if any)
- All I/O connections
Creating a Session Template
The Session > Save Template shows a dialog asking for the name of the new template, and a description.
Using a Session Template
In the New Session dialog, a panel lists the different template (factory and user-created).
Managing TemplatesTo manage templates, choose Window > Templates. To access this menu item, you have to have a session open.
Both Session templates and Track Templates can be managed through the Manage Templates window, which can perform the following actions:
- Renaming a template
- Removing one
- Adding/modifying its description
- Exporting the templates (e.g. to be used in another Ardour instance)
- Importing templates (from e.g. another Ardour instance).
See also Adding Tracks and Busses for information on templates for individual tracks or busses.