Playing Back the Cues
It is possible to play both individual clips and entire cues.
Playing Individual Clips
There are generally two ways to trigger a slot with a clip inside.
- Pressing a mouse button over the button to the left of the clip's name (Ardout defaults to Trigger launch style which has a classical triangle playback icon)
- Sending a note-on event from an external or a virtual MIDI controller
How Ardour responds to releasing the mouse button or sending a note-off event depends on the trigger launch style. This chapter covers that topic.
Once the clip starts playing, the playback indication panel for that track lights up with some information:
Left to right:
- Clip progress, in the form of a sliding pie chart
- Which cue is playing (it's C on the screenshot)
- MIDI clip indication, an icon representing two beamed 1/16 notes
- Follow count, e.g. '1/2' on the screenshot means the clip is currently being played the first time out of two times total
One way to stop a playing clip is to click the square-shaped icon in any of the empty slots in the track of interest.
Play An Entire Cue
Launching a cue. FIXME
Stopping a cue. FIXME